The Colegio de Estudios Hispánicos considers extra-academic activities to be an important complement to the learning of Spanish language and culture. C.E.H. offers an extensive programme of after school activities, some of which are free of charge and others at a reduced rate.
- A night out for “tapas”(local foods).
- A basic sailing course. Types of boats include Hobbie Cat, Raquero or 8 metre sailing boats. This course takes place in a lake situated 75km from Salamanca in the months of May, June, July, August and September.
- Horse riding.
- Tennis, squash.
- Bicycle and quad rental.
- Sky in La Covatilla station in the mountain range situated 70km from Salamanca.
- Dance classes including flamenco, Latín, salas, etc.
- Gymnasium: students of the Colegio de Estudios Hispánicos have a reduced rate for the facilities of the gymnasium situated 1 minute walking from the Colegio. Activities include:
· Spinning, Etc.
· Yoga/ Tai-Chi/ Pilates
- Excursions: During the weekends, and occasionally some afternoons, C.E.H. offers excursions to a wide range of towns and cities in Spain and Portugal. The excursions are always guided, so that the students can learn about the sights they see. Locations like:
· Madrid: The Prado Museum, Reina Sofía museum, Thyssen Bornemissa museum, Palacio Real, Plaza Mayor (Main Square), Madrid de los Austrias, etc.
· Ávila: Cathedral, city outer walls, churches, the homeland of Saint Teresa of Jesus.
· Segovia: Roman aqueduct, Cathedral, Alcazar (It is the Catholic King’s Palace)
· La Alberca: Historical town with Moorish and Jewish quarters.
· Toledo: Cathedral, Plaza Mayor , Santa Cruz Museum .
· Zamora: Cathedral, Semana Santa Museum.
- Camping party: Leaving in the morning and returning in the evening. The teachers and students do the cooking and play games, basketball, etc.
- Dinner in traditional Spanish caves: Situated in small villages in the province of Zamora. These underground caves, which date back more than 500 years, have been converted into traditional restaurants serving the best in local foods including meats, salads, Spanish omelette, breads and wine.